Welcome to Whessoe Parish Hall
About our community
Whessoe Parish Hall is owned by the local community and run by Whessoe Parish Council. The Parish itself is geographically bound by the Darlington to Bishop Auckland Railway line (the Bishop Line) to the west and the East Coast Main Railway Line to the east and runs along the line of the A167 from just beyond the White Horse pub to Hartlea Avenue. The main concentration of the population of the Parish are to either side of the A167 and Burtree Lane with the rest of the area being more rural, and currently has a population of more than 1400.
About our Village Hall
Whessoe Parish Hall is situated on the A167 approximately 200 yards north of the White Horse pub at the junction of Harrowgate Village/A167 and Burtree Lane. It’s a detached 1980s brick purpose-built building with a rear and side lawned garden, views over open farmland and car parking for approximately 15 cars. Thanks to National Lottery and Sport England funding it was fully refurbished in 2019 and offers a modern, attractive multi-purpose venue.
The hall is used regularly for Pilates, dance classes, an embroidery group, Tai Chi, Coderdojo, WI meetings, and Karate as well as being available for private parties and social evenings.
Hire charges - £12.50 per hour for block bookings (four or more separate bookings)
- £50 for one-off hires between 9am and 1pm, £50 for one-off hires between 1pm and 5pm and £100 for one-off hires from 5pm onwards.
If you wish to make a booking, please contact the Parish Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text/telephone 07471 062395.
Rooms available for Hire:
- Main Hall - capacity for up to 60 people
- Small Meeting Room - capacity for 15 people
- Disabled access and toilet
- Baby changing facilities
- Central heating with smart controls
- Comfortably upholstered conferencing chairs
- Large and small folding tables with wipeable table covers
- Kitchen with new electric cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Crockery, cutlery and glassware
- Sound system with radio microphones
- Two TV Screens that can be used for presentations
- Soft lighting
- Music licence
- Car park
Hall is suitable for:
- Training sessions
- Clubs and societies
- Keep fit classes
- Play groups
- Fairs and sales
Make a Booking