14 May 2019Parish Clerk Vacancy
We are seeking a part time Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer to work on average 10 hours per week in support of the Parish Council and Hall Management Committee. Hours are flexible and can be worked from home to suit the post holder. You will need to attend the Parish Hall to support Parish Council meetings, (Monday evening every other month), Hall Management Committee meetings and to supervise significant works during summer 2019. The Clerk is expected to advise the Parish Council and Hall Committee to ensure that it acts within its powers and complies with all legal and statutory responsibilities. Training is available. Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of agenda and minute taking at meetings
- Introduction of a new on-line accounting system for the Council
- Management of accounts, including maintaining financial records, banking on-line reconciliation and preparation of budgets for both the Council and Hall Committee
- Preparation of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return
- Development of a new website and its ongoing administration.
- Tendering for contracts as an when required and ongoing contract management
- Overseeing works to the Parish Hall including administration of grant funding.
- Excellent admin and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in preparing agenda and minutes of meetings
- Experience in financial accounting/budgeting using an on-line system
- Experience in use of IT including email and internet
- Previous experience as Parish Clerk
- Hold or studying towards CiLCA qualification.
- Experience of contract management
Salary: Salary is calculated according to National Joint Council (SCP15) and is currently £11.91 per hour.
Further information and the application form can be obtained from Bill Goldfinch, Clerk to WPC:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07818 427740
Closing date for applications: 3 June 2019
Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 10 June 2019
14 May 2019Parish Council Elections
Elections to appoint Parish Councillors took place on Thursday 2nd May 2019.
Whessoe Parish Council has 6 councillors representing Harrowgate Hill and one representing Whessoe. All 6 existing Councillors were elected unopposed.
21 March 2019Minutes of Meeting 18th March 2019
Draft minutes of the last Parish Council meeting have been downloaded onto the website under the section Agendas, Minutes etc.